About Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside (BGCO) is a youth development organization that is dedicated to providing a safe, fun and enriching environment for youth to spend time during non-school hours. Statistics show during the times of 3 to 7 pm juvenile crime escalate, Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside are open every day during non-school hours, when youth need us the most. For over 60 years the Club has worked to get Oceanside kids, primarily from low-income families, off the streets and out of trouble by engaging them with academics and activities.We serve 1,100 youth daily, providing stimulating and quality Science, Technology, Research, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STREAM) activities, and thousands more need these life-changing programs and positive guidance.. In addition, we offer a unique program to adults with disabilities, called R.O.A.D.’s.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside is a local, independent organization affiliated with Boys & Girls Clubs of America. The BGCO raises 100% of the funds that support our life changing programs through individual giving, events and grants. 100% of those funds stay right here in North County to serve youth in our local communities.
We continue to uphold our mission: To inspire, develop and enrich young people to reach their fullest potential as confident, productive, responsible, caring members of society.
Our history of serving Oceanside youth began 63 years ago.
- The Club began as a small facility that served only male youth.
- Nearly twenty years later, the original club was demolished and in the early seventies, it re-opened as the brand new Townsite facility.
- In the early 1990s, the Club expanded its services to all youth including girls.
- During the next six years, a new Computer Lab, Teen Center and Recording Studio were constructed.
- Membership reached 300 youths in 2007, when BGCO entered into a partnership with Oceanside Unified School District.
- Two years later, BGCO entered into the Vista Unified School District.
- In 2010, renovations began on the gymnasium and in 2011, the Art Room underwent renovations to become the Interactive Media Center.
- June 15, 2013 we re-opened our Townsite Clubhouse
- July 2013 we received a Lowe’s Grant for $50,000 to renovate our Indoor Soccer Arena
Achievements & Awards
Marketing & Communications Awards
Bronze “Great Futures Start Here” MAC Award 2015
Gold Social Media MAC Award – 2014
Silver Special Events MAC Award – 2012
Gateway to Impact Award 2012 – Silver Level
In recognition of exceptional increases in ADA – Average Daily Attendance or Capacity Utilization
Boys & Girls Clubs of Oceanside Management
Director of Operations
Director of Development
Senior Program Director
Marketing and PR Coordinator
Marketing and PR Coordinator
Human Resources/ Executive Assistant